It’s December already. Time for cheer & celebration.
This year we’ve learnt a lot about following dreams and working hard to make them happen.
We’ve worked with dreamers and planners and adapters and thinkers and makers and believers and changers.
And we’ve learnt lots along the way. Including…
- Dream Big. If you’re going to dream, you may as well dream big. Have something ambitious. Set targets for yourself that seem a little out of reach, not completely out of reach, but just enough so you have to stretch yourself to reach them.
- Plan It. Whatever it is you want to do. Before you do it, you have to plan it. While good things might happen to those who wait, great things happen to those who think about it, plot about, and plan about it. Come up with a strategy. Talk it through. Sketch it out. Follow through. There is a saying that having a great idea means you’re half way there. But currently, let’s face it, you just have a great idea. You have to act on it. Put the proper things in place and deliver on what you set out in your plan.
- Discipline. Ahh, the tricky one. You need to set a routine. To do what you said you’d to. To be a person of your word. To get up in the morning, set yourself goals and do your best to achieve them each and every day. Even when you don’t want to. Even when there is something better on. Even when it’s a really nice day and going to the beach would be much more fun.
- Persevere. In the face of rejection, of doubt, of shiny objects that take your attention away from your main focus, it’s hard to persevere. But you have to keep going. This is your dream remember. No one else is going to make it happen but you.
- Adapt. Life is messy. It generally isn’t linear. It’s all about curves AND curveballs. About going with the flow AND fighting the tide. You had a great plan and now you’ve had to rip a page out and fold that one over and cross that bit out and add a section here. That’s not failure. It’s not changing the game. It’s adaptation. Watch a David Attenborough documentary to find out more.
- Enjoy. Because surely that’s what it’s all about. At this time of year and all the other months too. This is your DREAM. And it’s coming true. Smell the roses. Bask in the glow. Oh, and congratulations.
Comments are closed.